We know you want to access the most relevant, up to date learning around breastfeeding, chestfeeding, human milk feeding and lactation so you can provide the very best service to the families you work with and support.
You may be an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), healthcare professional or volunteer breastfeeding supporter looking for professional development (eg CERPs) or opportunities to share best practice and research.
Lactation Consultants of Great Britain’s (LCGB) OWL platform is designed specifically with your needs in mind.
As an organisation, LCGB are passionate about improving breast/chest and infant feeding related support in Britain. Through OWL we are continuing to support you in your role by providing access to high quality, evidence based, relevant and practical learning.
The offerings on the platform are convenient to access and flexible for your needs. They will help you boost your skills, by refreshing your approach, and will give you easy access to the Continuing Professional Development points you need.
Lactation Consultants of Great Britain (LCGB) is a registered charity which works to improve the health and wellbeing of families through advocacy and expert, IBCLC breastfeeding care.
The World Health Organisation International Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes (the International Code) and subsequent relevant World Health Assembly (WHA) resolutions prohibit individuals employed by infant feeding manufacturers from providing any breastfeeding education to mothers; LCGB events may not be used to support such work.
LCGB is committed to upholding the International Code in all our work, as called for in our IBLCE (International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners” Code of Professional Conduct.
LCGB-OWL Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Statement
In carrying out its functions as a charitable organisation, LCGB is striving to uphold, promote and ensure equality of opportunity for all and that no individual or community is discriminated against, unconsciously or overtly in the planning and delivery of any of our activities.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (ED&I) is woven through every area of LCGB. ED&I is never in isolation. Every single team is helping to achieve the goals set out in our ED&I policy. We are improving the sense of belonging in the organization and recognise that the process is never fully accomplished. It is an ongoing thing.
The LCGB-OWL platform is specifically helping LCGB to:-
● Raise funding which LCGB can use to offer scholarships, bursaries, or grants to under-represented groups including diverse communities, low income groups, those suffering health inequalities and those falling within the protected characteristics defined by the Equalities Act 2010
● Address barriers to accessing lactation education and training, towards achieving and maintaining the IBCLC credential. We aim to create a stepping stone for all to have their voices heard and to progress in their careers
● Commit to using accessible venues (eg online) for events and meetings using plain English, and offering easily accessible communications by emails, letters, reports, publicity materials and social media
● Embed into the planning for events or meetings, practical accommodations for disability, health, religious or other needs as identified
● Build a culture which embraces equity and values diversity and inclusion, helping to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to be involved in plans, programmes and activities
We invite you to explore this page in order to read the LCGB Statement of Commitment and learn more about our approach to equity, diversity and inclusion.